The thought of selling your home in the San Francisco Bay Area may seem overwhelming, but our team of committed Realtors® and brokers are prepared to assist you with your real estate needs, striving to make your selling experience an enjoyable and rewarding one. Your agent will stand by your side to provide guidance and answer any questions that may arise during the transaction. The services your JODI Group real estate agent will provide you with include...
- Your agent will discuss your goals, needs, and priorities in selling your home;
- Present you with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), which includes information on similar properties in your area that are for sale, pending, have sold or expired for comparison purposes;
- Provide a Market Trends Report to summarize and forecast price ranges, foreclosure ratios, appreciation or depreciation, and average number of days on market in your area;
- Develop a competitive pricing strategy for your home;
- Preview a preliminary marketing plan for your property.
Preparing the Listing
- Your agent will perform a property walk through inspection;
- Make recommendations and give tips on how to enhance or make your home more appealing to prospective buyers in your area;
- Help you decide whether or not staging is necessary;
- Research your property and prepare a disclosure package, which includes information on residential zoning, taxes, and flood zones for potential buyers;
- Guide you through general real estate procedures and market customs in your area;
- Ensure you are compliant with all local ordinances, regulations, and provisions that pertain to the sale of your home.
Devising a Marketing Plan
- Your agent will place your property on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for maximum exposure;
- Post "For Sale" signage on your property;
- Add a lock box to allow other agents to show your home;
- Work closely with our in-house marketing team to create and print property flyers, highlighting the features of your home;
- Schedule online and print advertising;
- Host Open Houses for public viewings;
- Schedule Broker's Tours for other local real estate agents;
- Handle the scheduling of appointments and private showings;
- Share your listing with a professional network of real estate agents;
- Internal agent-to-agent communication;
- Send direct mailings (i.e., postcards to neighboring areas);
- Provide feedback from buyer inquiries and showings.
Reviewing Offers and Reaching an Agreement
- Your JODI Group agent will discuss, clarify, and review all purchase offers received;
- Negotiate any terms via counter offers;
- Help you reach the final and best agreement;
- Assist you in getting all required documents pertaining to the transaction signed.
Finalizing the Sale
- Your agent will closely monitor the escrow and title process;
- Ensure all time periods and deadlines are adhered to (i.e., timely removal of any/all contract contingencies);
- Schedule the final property walk through.
- Once your home is sold, your agent will happily assist you with any relocation needs;
- Ready to serve you with any purchasing or selling needs in the future.
The Selling Process
To guide you through the process of selling your home or property in the San Francisco Bay Area, we prepared this simple, six-step guide to selling your home for you to reference throughout your real estate transaction.
Learn more »